Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I made some wonderful homemade laundry detergent using the directions at


It turned out very well, I think. I had saved an extra empty large Free Clear All  bottle and a small one that I purchased on a trip away from home. I also filled and labeled 2 bleach bottles and still have about 1/3 of a 5 gallon bucket left. I washed my first load with it this afternoon and it worked just fine.  

Also, I made homemade toothpaste 2 weeks ago from 1/2 c. Coconut oil, 1/2 c. baking soda, 3 packets stevia and several drops of peppermint oil. I only made about 1 cup of it and it was almost gone today so I made another batch today. There are four of us using it. I keep a spoon along side the jar in the bathroom so each can dip the spoon in and then dip their brush in that. Then we wash the spoon in hot water and viola, good as a tube. (And WAY less expensive than health store brands of toothpaste.) It seems to be very healing to the gums as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment